I have recently joined a Bible Journaling group called Documented Faith. We have weekly verses that we doodle in our bibles and then share them with the group! I've been doing all kinds of Art Journlaing over the past year and have found this group to be lots of fun with great people! I've created this image set for Proverbs 31:10, "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies".
Using some washi tape (cause it's easy to remove) I taped the piece face down to the back of the page.
Since our bible pages are so thin and transparent, it is easy to see through the column area. Next step is to trace the image as you wish. I have a tutorial coming soon on how to transfer the image onto the whole page with graphite paper.
Here is my traced image. I decided to wait to do the sparkles free-hand.
These are all the pens I used.
- Micron .005
- Signo white gel
- Gelly Roll Gold metallic
- Gelly Roll Red Stardust
- Gell Roll Clear Stardust
- Derwent Watercolor pencil (not using water) - Crimson Lake
- Derwent Inktense Watercolor pencil (not using water) - Violet
I filled in my words at the top with the Gold metallic pen. After it completely dried I went back around the edges with my Micron pen. I also filled in some sparkles and went over those with a Stardust pen.
For the Rubies word I filled it in with my Red Stardust Gelly Roll Pen! Pretty!
I hope you will enjoy it too! I would especially love to see how you color yours. Please share it with me! You can leave a link in the comment of this post, on the Tiffany Doodles Facebook page, or add your photo to the Tiffany Doodles Flickr Group!
If you are new to Tiffany Doodles, I invite you to check out my hand drawn digital stamps. Any of them can be used for Bible Journaling. They are all PNG image files (delivered in a .zip file) that can be resized to whatever size you like! Here is a basic tutorial for for using Digital Stamps and printing them from Word. They can be used in the same way as the PDF I am offering you here! As always, if you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to ask me! =)
If you are interested in the Documented Faith facebook group, everyone is welcome to join us!
Here is the link to the free PDF I've made for you. It's in my Doodles store where I have my other stamps, so you'll have to create an account. If you don't want to, just email me (tiff . web at gmail . com) and I'll email it over to you!! There are instructions and tips for you on the PDF.
- www.TiffanysGarden.com my crafty personal blog where you'll find my watercolor painting, bible journaling, Distress Ink stuff and organizing my craft stash!
- www.TiffanyDoodles.com where you can find all of my drawings that you can color yourself!
- @Tiffer73 Instagram - ALL of my art and craftiness!!
- Distress Ink for Watercolor Facebook Group If you like to use your Distress Ink in a more traditional style of watercolor, then come join our group!
- My Watercolor Painting Facebook Page
- My Sewing and Crocheting Facebook Page