0 Copic Tutorial - Sweet Butterfly


Another Copic coloring tutorial to play with on your Tiffany Doodle stamps.  This particular butterfly is from Tiffany's "Sweet Butterfly" set.


I used the following products to make my card:

Cardstock - Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card and Coredinations
Patterned paper - My Minds's Eye
Jewels - Hero Arts
Flower - hand made with ribbon, Copics and Gluber
Copics - B00, B02, B63, B66 and 100





To build the card I cut the Kraft cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded the card.  I adhered my first patterned paper that is trimmed 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" then added a strip of dark cardstock that had been punched with a border punch. The next layer is one more patterned paper trimmed to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Lastly I added my flower and gems to the lower left corner.  The card is ready for a butterfly so here are the coloring steps:

Step #1 - Color the top portions of the sections in one wing with your B00.


Step #2 - Add B02 from the bottom of each section upward overlapping the B00.





Step #3 - Use your B63 for the next layer of color.


Step #4 - One last blue layer at the very bottom of each section with your B66.





Step #5 - Blend all your layers together and color in the small dots on that wing, a few in each shade of blue.





Step #6 - Use your B63 to add a highlight color to the body of the butterfly.





Step #7 - Use B66 to add some shading to the body.


Step #8 - Use you 100 (black) to add the darkest layer on the body.




Step #9 - Blend the body layers back together.



Step #10 - Add 100 (black) to all the trim on the wing.

Step #11 - Finish the second wing in the same way you did the first, fussy cut your butterfly and add him to your card.




I hope you find this tutorial useful.  I would love to know if you have specific images or techniques you would like to see!

Hop over to my blog to see more of my art work and get information on my classes and projects.  www.scrapweaver.com 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!