0 Copic Tutorial - 5 Layered Cake!

Hello again Tiffany Doodlers,  This weeks tutorial is from Tiffany's Cake set at Tiffany Doodles.



I used the layered cake with polka dots for a card inspired by a color challenge.  For this card I used the following products.
Cardstock : Bazzill Basics and X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45
Crystal butterfly center: Prima (I used the original wings somewhere else)
Punch: Martha Stewart
Ink: Copic Sketch Markers R20, YG11, BG53, C1, C3, Colorless Blender and a white Sharpie paint pen
Scrap of wide lace

I assembled the card by cutting the cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" then scoring and folding it, trimming the patterned paper to 5 1/4"x 4", wrapping the lace around the patterned paper and adhering them both to the card base.  I also punched a single butterfly from white cardstock and adhered a crystal butterfly body to it and set it aside to go on top of my cake.

I printed my image on my smooth cardstock and started at the top layer of the cake.
Step #1 - I filled this layer using my colorless blender and then feathered in BG53 from both sides inward.  I did not try to go around the polka dots.





Step #2 - I used my colorless blender to soften the edges of the blue then colored the next two layers of the cake in the same fashion using R20 and YG11.




Step #3 - I chose to use a Sharpie paint pen to fill all the polka dots making them a bright white.  You could also use Copic Opaque White or even craft paint to fill these areas.




Step #4 - Complete the last two layers of the cake repeating steps 1-3 then use C1 and C3 to shade the platter coming back in with your colorless blender to soften and your Sharpie paint pen or white medium for highlights.


Step #5 - I fussy cut the cake and attached it and the butterfly to the card.


As a finishing touch I added a few small crystals onto the spots of the cake to add one more little pop.



Thanks for checking out my latest tutorial!  If you would like to see more of my latest creations and hear about all my doings stop by my blog at www.scrapweaver.com.  Thanks and happy coloring!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!