0 Copic Tutorial - Flower Branch


Hello all you doodlers!  I have a tutorial to go along with one of the brand new Tiffany Doodle sets for the month of June, Wren Branch.  Make sure to take a peak in the store and check out all the new sets!

I used the flowered branch and printed it twice, once as a mirrored image.  To complete the card I am using:

     Cardstock - Bazzill Swiss Dots
     Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
     Pearls - Mark Richards
     Canvas butterfly - Prima
     Paint pen - Sharpie

I cut the cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded it.  Then I cut my patterned paper to 4" x 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" x 4 3/4", then adhered both to my card base.  I colored my canvas resist butterfly with my Copic markers using RV63, RV66 and my colorless blender, I adhered this to my card with a glue dot.  I used my Sharpie paint pen to add a greeting and then a few adhesive pearls to the card.  Now we are ready to color.

For my coloring today I am using Copics again but in a very painterly fashion.  I am using RV63, RV66, E47 and my Colorless Blender.  I also have a small plastic sheet that I am using as a pallet.  Any plastic will work for this technique I have even used a plastic bag and it worked just fine.

Step #1 - Scribble some ink from all of the colors you are going to use onto your plastic sheet.  the lighter colors will be hard to see but they are still on there. 

Step #2 - Use your Colorless blender to pick up some ink off the plastic sheet.  I am starting with my RV63.  Even though the ink on the plastic could dry your Colorless blender will still pick it up.

Step #3 - Use your Colorless blender just like a paint brush working from the inner flower petals outward.  You will have to go back to get more ink every one to two petals and you might need to add more ink to your plastic.


Step #4 - Color two or three flowers with your RV63 and then go back and add RV66 to the center of each.  Color all of your flowers this way.

Step #5 - Color the branch using this same pallet method and your E47 or favorite Earth tone.  I made long strokes along the branch with mine to emulate the bark texture.

When you are done do some fussy cutting around your branch or branches and add them to your card.


Thanks for taking a look at my tutorial today.  I hope you have been inspired to try some pallet blending if you have not before.  It is an easy quick technique and fun for a different look.  If you would like to see more of my coloring or learn more about the classes I teach please stop by my blog at www.scrapweaver.com.

Happy Coloring!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!