1 Rose Heart on Vellum - Copic Tutorial

Tiffany inspired me to get a different paper out this month for another fun look. I used another stamp from the Rose Heart set and printed it on an opalescent vellum. I love the pearly look to the paper even before we begin, and the Copics blend with no effort. The blend will look different, painterly, but I love it.

LinkThe supplies I used on the card include:

Cardstock - Bazzill Basics - cut 5¼”x10½”
Patterned paper - A Beautiful Life by My Minds Eye
floral cut 4¾”x4¾”, green cut 4”x4”
Twine - American Crafts
Canvas Tag - Maya Road
Ink - Dew Drop by
Other - Stick pin that I colored to match
Copics - G24, G28, R83, R85 and R89


To construct the card score and fold the cardstock. Ink the edges of the patterned papers and adhere them to the card base. Thread three lengths of twine through the canvas tag, tie a bow, poke the stick pin through the tag and adhere the tag with a glue dot to the card. Attach the edges of the twine to the interior of the card and if you would like cover the edges with a separate piece of paper or cardstock to hide the loose ends.

Coloring Instructions:

Step #1 - Use your G24 to color the stems and leaves. I had quite a bit of smearing on the vellum. I tried to use a very light touch and if I got some black on my marker tip scrubbed it off.

Next use your G28 to add small amounts of shading to the leaves and stems.

Step #2 - Blend your darker green in with your G24. Remember you will see some of your strokes, the vellum will look different.

Base your two roses with R83. Add shading on both roses with your R85.

Step #3 - Use R89 to add the deepest shading on your flowers.

Step #4 - To start blending use your R85 to blend the edge of your R89.

Step #5 - Blend your R85 in with your R83. This will keep the highlights bright.

Your rose is ready to cut and adhere to your card. Thanks for taking a look, I hope you will try coloring along on your own rose heart. Stop by my blog to find out about my new Copic Coloring class that is coming up in May and on sale now! www.scrapweaver.com

1 comments:

FrancineB said...

Thank you for a wonderful tutorial. I'm always up for learning new techniques and using new items (for me) like Copics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!