0 Embossed Rose Heart Copic Tutorial

I am so glad Tiffany shared this fun new technique with me! I tried using the digital stamp, heat embossing technique on top of matte gel medium. What a fun new technique to add to my toolbox of ideas! I am using one of the brand new images from Tiffany Doodles, Rose Heart.



I love the effect of my Copic markers on the gel medium, the coloring feels and looks different from coloring on plain cardstock. For my card I used the following supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Patterned paper - Graphic 45
Gel Medium - Golden
Embossing powder - Ranger Black
Copic Markers - YR000, R20, R22, R24
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Other - Ribbon and buttons from my stash

To prepare my card base I cut, scored and folded my cardstock. Next I rounded the corners on my patterned paper, inked the edges and adhered them to the base. Next I adhered my buttons and ribbon to my card. To keep the inside of your card clean you can trim the ribbon to the card edges or cut a separate piece of cardstock to cover the ribbon ends that fold over to the interior of the card. (I ended up not using the stick pin and tag shown in the photo. The image was so pretty I didn't want to add all the extras.)

I got my image ready to color. I painted my X-Press It Blending Card with my matte gel medium and let it dry. I lightly sanded the surface to take out any brush strokes. Then I printed my image onto the page, and immediately sprinkled on my embossing powder. The ink needs to be wet for the powder to adhere so make sure to do this step quickly. I used my heat gun on the embossing powder and now I am ready to color my image. You will notice on my image I did end up with quite a bit of extra embossing powder. I do not mind the effect BUT you can use an embossing buddy or similar product before you run the paper through your printer to clean this up.

Step #1 - Use your YR000 on the top of the petals. This is my base color. I am using it to turn my reds a little warmer. You can do all of the tops at once or work one petal at a time. I then went over the petal with my R20.

Step #2 - Come in with your R22 to add shading from the interior of the rose and the outer edge. You will notice that if you are working on top of the gel medium your coloring looks different, not as smooth, very similar to painting.

Step #3 - Use your R24 to add your next layer of shading.

Step #4 - Go back with your R22 and R20 to blend the layers together. Again this will look very different if you are working on the gel medium. I completed all my petal tops this way, even down the narrow strips of petals that are folded over.

Step #5 - Fill in the center of your rose with your YR000 and then your R20.

Step #6 - Use your R22 to add your first layer of shading.

Step #7 - R24 creates the deepest shading on the rose center.

Step #8 - Blend the center of your rose using your R22 and then R20. Fill in the smooth sides of the petals with R20.

Step #9 - Use your R22 to add shading from the base and underneath the folds of each petal.

Step #10 - The R24 adds the darkest shading again.

Step #11 - Go back in and blend with your R22 and then R20. Finish the rest of the petal sides with the same steps.

Fussy cut your rose and add it to your card with pop dots or foam tape. One card finished and ready to send to a loved one. Isn't Valentines a wonderful excuse to share some love and some art!

Happy coloring and card making everyone! If you would like to learn about some of my other creations or up-coming classes tune into my blog at www.scrapweaver.com.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!