2 Copic Tutorial - Sewn Heart

Hi all you Tiffany Doodlers! I have another fun card and Copic tutorial for you today. The coloring on today's card is fairly simple. The most time consuming part is some hand stitching. I used one of the hearts from Tiffany's new set Patched Hearts on this card.

The other supplies I gathered are:
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics and X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned paper - Wild Rose Studio, Cherry Cupcake paper pack
Felt flowers - Buttons Galore
Gems - Darice
Markers - Copic V01, V04, R83, R85, B0000, B00, B02, B05 and silver Zig paint pen
Other - Embroidery floss and quilting batting

To assemble my card I cut my white cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded it to create my card base. I cut the pink paper to 3 3/4" x 5" and adhered it to the card base. I cut my blue paper to 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" and trimmed a piece of batting slightly smaller, using a wet adhesive I attached both to the pink paper. I pierced holes and used embroidery floss to sew a blanket stitch around the edge of the blue paper. I adhered gems to the flowers and adhered them on my card as well. Next I colored my patchwork heart.

Step #1 - Use V01 and R83 to base several sections of the heart. I also colored in the polka dots. (You can choose to do each section individually if that is easier.)

Step #2 - Using V04 and R85 add shading to all of the areas you colored. I assumed with the quilt pattern of the heart that each of the seams would pull in a little so I added shading around each section.

Step #3 - Blend your first sections using V01 and R83 then add B00 into the top corner section and B0000 into the the two remaining sections.

Step #4 - Use B02 to add shading in the top corner section and use B00 to add shading on the polka dot section. In also used B00 to complete the plaid.

Step #5 - Add one more layer of shading with B05 in the uper right corner and blend the polka dot section with B0000.

Step #6 - Use your B0000 to add a touch of highlight in the upper right if it got too dark and add silver to your pin tops with a paint pen.

Fussy cut out your heart and adhere it to your card. Because my card puffs out a little at the center I used double sided tape at the left edge of the heart and then added a few pop dots on the upper right corner.

Thanks for checking out the tutorial. I will be sharing some news from Copic over the next few weeks on my blog so if you are a Copic fan I hope you will stop by! scrapweaver.com

2 comments:

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

You did such an uber cute and fantastic job!! You color digi's beautifullt:) The choice of paper to go with the Sewn Heart digi---is such a super choice:) The flowers are a nice reflection of the heart of the card:)be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!