0 Copic Tutorial - Morning Glory


Today I am playing with one of the beautiful Morning Glory images, that are part of the January release at Tiffany Doodles. I chose the single flower and printed it twice for my card.

Before I started coloring I googled morning glory and looked at a few photos. They come in a gorgeous range of blues, violets and even some pinks. They also range in vibrancy from pale washed colors to vibrant saturated hues. I chose to work on the lighter end and with a series of blues that have some purples to them. I used B60, B63, B66, G21 and Y17 for my image and it is printed on X-Press It Blending Card. The supplies for my card include:

Cardstock - Bazzill, Swiss Dots, Irish Eyes, cut to 5½ x 8½
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye, A Beautiful Life, blue cut to 5 x 3¾”, purple cut to 4¼ x 3”
Ink - Dew Drop, Graphite Black
Trim and ribbon from my leftover scraps

I created my card base by scoring and folding my cardstock. I rounded the corners on my patterned paper and inked the edges. I adhered the blue paper and then the blue and purple to my card base. I tied a bow in my green ribbon and adhered both my purple trim and green bow to my card. On to coloring:

Step #1 - Use your B60 to fill the center and veins of the flower body.

Step #2 - Use B60 again and working on one petal feather from the center outward.

Step #3 - Use your B63 and feather from the outer edge of the petal inward overlapping the B60.
Step #4 - Go back in with your B60 and feather from the center outward smoothing the blend with the B63. Complete all the petals this way.

Step #5 - Add B60 to the bottom section of the flower. Use your B63 to add a shadow on the base of the flower and to fill in the folded petal.

Step #6 - Use your B66 to add shading to the folded petal.

Step #7 - Use B63 to blend the colors together and then add G21 to your flower stem and Y17 to the stamen.

Fussy cut two colored flowers and add them to your card popping the petals up on the top one. All finished!

I will be back in two weeks with brand new images from Tiffany. If you want to see some of my other creations stop by my blog at www.scrapweaver.com

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!