1 Copic Tutorial - Bluebird

Michelle here! I have one of the beautiful brand new releases to share today! I chose the Sweet Bluebird from the new sets at Tiffany Doodle's and colored the sweet little bird.

The card is simple and easy to put together. Here are the supplies I used:

Mulberry paper - Prima, torn to 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"
Patterned paper - My Mind’s Eye, cut to 4 x 5¼”
Cardstock - Bazzill, 8½ x 5½”
Twine - American Crafts
Flowers - Prima
Pearls - Mark Richards

To create my card base I attached the mulberry paper to the patterned paper, wrapped the twine to the back of the patterned paper and then attached the patterned paper to the card base. I will add the flowers after I add my bird.

I printed out my bird on X-Press It Blending Card and used B21,B24, B28, Y38, E0000, E00, E11, E13 and E15 to do my coloring.

Step #1 - Color in the face of the bird with your E0000.

Step #2 - Use your E00 to add a touch of shading from the bottom and right edge inward on the face.

Step #3 - Blend the E00 in using your E0000. Fill in the beak and legs with Y38. Now add B21 to the body, wings and tail of the bird.

Step #4 - B24 is used for your first layer of shading. I added mine on the bottom edge of the wing, tail and body. I also added some under the wing and a touch at the shoulder.

Step #5 - Use your B28 to add one more layer of shading. I did not add this layer to the wings or tail.

Step #6 - Blend the blue layers together staring with your B24 and then working back to your B21. Color the entire wood perch with E11.

Step #8 - Use your E13 and color a broad stroke over each of the lines on the wood.

Step #9 - With a light touch draw narrower bands of color over each line with your E15.

Step #10 - I am not going to blend these layers together. To finish go back in with your E0000 or with your colorless blender and create lighter streaks over your E11.

To finish my card I used micro scissors and an X-acto to fussy cut around my bluebird, pop-dotted him on my card and added my flowers and pearl center.

Hope you are finding the tutorials useful! If you have any requests please let me know. If you would like to see more about my teaching and creations stop by my Blog.

1 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Thanks for the tutorial. That card is gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!