0 Copic Coloring Tutorial - Cricket

I'm so happy to share with you our first Tiffany Tutor Tutorial!  Michelle has made an adorable card colored with copics!  So without further ado...... Here's Michelle from Scrapweaver!

Hello Tiffany Doodlers! I am so excited to be here and thrilled to be bringing you some fun tutorials using Tiffany’s amazing digital images! Today I have created a card using the cricket from the Fall Critter set. I have colored the image with Copic markers and created a simple card for him to perch on.

 
The supplies I used for this card are cardstock - Dotted Swiss, Clover Leaf by Bazzill 5½” x 8½” patterned paper - Alla Prima by Prima, dots 5” x 3 ¾” and floral strip 5½” x 1½” 2 fabric strips - ¼” x 6” I hand died these with Copic ink, fibers or twine could be substituted 3 small leaves - Oriental Trading Post
 
I am going to start by getting my card base ready. I have scored and folded my cardstock. Then I adhered my polka dot patterned paper to my card front. I used glue dots to attach the three leaves to the left side of the floral paper strip, I tied the two strips of fabric together and, using a glue dot, centered the knot on top of the leaves. I then adhered the ends of the fabric to the backside of the floral strip. To finish I adhered my floral patterned paper strip with leaves and fabric onto my card base.
 
The cricket is the top layer so let’s get him colored and ready to go. I printed out my cricket on X-Press It Blending Card and for this image I am using the following markers; YG93, YG95, YG97, BG93, BG96 and BG99. If you do not have these specific colors you can use the same steps and a different series of markers to color your cricket.
 

Step #1 - Color the entire leaf with your YG93. Really saturate the area with small circular strokes.
 

Step #2 - Using your YG95 use the veins in the leaf to guide your first layer of shading from the center vein outward.
 

Step #3 - The last layer on the leaf is the YG97. Add this color in smaller amounts along the same areas.
 

Step #4 - Using first your YG95 and then your YG93 blend the layers on your leaf together. Next fill in your cricket with BG93. * A lot of people have an easier time doing smaller sections of an image, you can break the cricket into two sections head and body. I color the whole thing at once so my tutorials can stay a reasonable length.
 

Step #5 - Add your first layer of shading with your BG96. I have added mine around the bottom and left edge of the head, the left edge of the back legs, from the bottom edge of the back plate upward and around the left and bottom edges of the underside sections.
 

Step #6 - Add your third layer on your cricket with your BG99. Hit the face, legs and back plate in smaller amounts. I did not add this third color to the underside, it just got too muddy with the darkest color added there.
 

Step #7 - I used my BG96 and then my BG93 to blend my layers together.
 

Step #8 - I did some very tight fussy cutting around my cricket and then used pop dots under the leaf and regular adhesive under the cricket and added him on top of my card.
 

I hope you enjoyed my first tutorial and will be watching for more. I am excited to be sharing with all of you! If you have questions please post them, I am always happy to share and help. If you would like to see more of my doings you can also stop by my blog at www.scrapweaver.blogspot.com.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger
Oh, and remember, websites always look better in Firefox!

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!